“We, as criminal defense lawyers, are forced to deal with some of the lowest people on earth, people who have no sense of right and wrong, people who will lie in court to get what they want, people who do not care who gets hurt in the process. It is our job–our sworn duty–as criminal defense lawyers, to protect our clients from those people.” — Cynthia Roseberry
About Attorney For Freedom
Marc J. Victor
Marc J. Victor is an accomplished attorney who is often invited to speak to audiences across Arizona. He has recently addressed the Freedom Summit, the Eris Society, the AZ Libertarian Party Convention and other events aimed at protecting your rights.
Marc J. Victor has represented clients in more than a thousand major felony cases including first and second degree murder, sex cases, gun cases, major drug cases, complex white collar cases, federal appeals, and other complex state and federal matters. Jury trial experience includes several murder trials including death eligible matters as well as complex sex cases.
Marc J. Victor has represented clients in many high profile and media attention cases, and he has also debated Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery on the drug war.
Marc J Victor has been quoted locally, nationally and internationally on radio, television, in print and in person as a legal commentator and expert, and was the primary commentator for NBC 12 News for the Jodi Arias case. – Attorney For Freedom Marc J Victor
Candidate for United States Senate
Attorney For Freedom Marc J Victor – Libertarian Party Candidate for United States Senate in Arizona; participated in nationally televised debate with Candidates Jeff Flake (R) and Richard Carmona (D); received over one hundred thousand votes for United States Senate in Arizona; appeared for numerous television and radio interviews discussing various political issues.
Expert Legal Commentator
2008 to Present
Attorney For Freedom Marc J Victor – Served as regular expert legal commentator on State v. Jodi Arias and several other high profile legal issues for KPNX Channel 12 Television News in Phoenix; appeared as expert legal commentator for virtually every local television station in metropolitan Phoenix area at various times and on various issues; regular expert legal commentator for KFYI radio in Phoenix as well as several other local radio stations.
Arizona State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
- Member of Board of Legal Specialization having final authority to approve and certify members of the state bar as specialists in a particular practice area.
Arizona State Bar Certified Specialist in Criminal Law
Federal Criminal Justice Act “CJA” Panelist
1998 – Present
Appointed by federal court judges and magistrates to represent indigent defendants in both federal trial level cases as well as federal appellate matters.
Martindale- Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Highest Peer Review Rating for both legal ability and ethical standards
- Arizona State Bar Criminal Practice & Procedure Committee
Arizona State Bar Criminal Practice & Procedure Committee
July 2000- July 2001
- Member of Criminal Practice & Procedure Committee which recommends and suggests changes to the Arizona Supreme Court regarding the Arizona Justice System.
Founder of the Freedom Summit
- Founded, organized, promoted and hosted an annual weekend professional seminar devoted to issues relating to human freedom.
Featured Autobiography in hardcover book entitled, I Chose Liberty – 2010
- Selected by Professor Walter Block to be included as a significant contemporary libertarian thinker. Walter Block is an Austrian school economist and libertarian philosopher and a Harold E. Wirth Eminent Scholar Chair in Economics and Professor of Economics at Loyola University New Orleans and Senior Fellow with the Ludwig von Mises Institute.
Authored Several Articles Regarding Justice System and Freedom Related Issues
- Personally researched and drafted numerous articles including a ten page persuasive paper on ending the drug war which has been published nationally and internationally on the internet.
Frequent Lecturer Regarding Justice System and Freedom Related Issues
- Appeared as a featured speaker and lecturer to many groups and audiences including, judges, criminal prosecutors, police officers, gun show attendees, CCW course attendees, several local and national radio shows, college students, United States Marines, Freedom Summit attendees (presented speeches and moderated a panel of current and former judges), political activists, and many other varied groups.
Arizona’s Finest Lawyers – 2011
- Honored as one of Arizona’s Finest lawyers in a peer reviewed process. Selected after nomination by executive board for “…demonstrated record of high achievement, excellent legal skills, and a well-earned reputation for integrity.” Identified as within the top 6% of attorneys licensed by the Arizona State Bar Association. www.azfinestlawyers.org
Host of the “Attorney For Freedom” Radio Show
- Hosted weekly radio show discussing current news, political, and philosophical issues; attracted several well-known and high profile guests including Maricopa County Sheriff Joseph Arpaio and Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery.
KFNX Radio 1100AM
- Hosted weekly talk show entitled “Discover Freedom” regarding freedom and legal issues.
- Host of Semi-annual Luncheon and Seminar – 1999-2004
- Organized and hosted semi-annual luncheon and seminar discussing various freedom and legal related issues.
- Legal Instructor for Protection Elite International, Inc.
- Lectured students regarding deadly force issues as well as Fourth and Fifth Amendment issues.
KFYI Radio 910AM
- Twice appeared as guest commentator. Discussed legal issues surrounding Chandler Police Department/Federal Border Patrol investigative detentions of suspected illegal immigrants and discussed reasonableness of force used by property owners in detaining trespassers.
KXAM Radio 1310 AM
- Radio talk show guest discussing “Substantive Due Process”.
- Future of Freedom Foundation Seminar
- Panelist at Hyatt Regency Hotel in Phoenix.
- Arizona Bar Exam
- Multistate Bar Examination score of 169.
Juris Doctorate May 1994
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA Top 20% of 36 person graduating class University Merit Scholar
- SCALE Program
- Dean’s list Exceptional Achievement Award in Crimes Transactions Advanced Lexis trained, Westlaw trained
Bachelor of Science – Justice Studies – May 1992
- Summa Cum Laude Graduate (3.81); 4.0 in Justice Studies;
- Dean’s Honor List: 1989-1992.
President – Marc J. Victor, P.C. – Chandler, Arizona
August 2004 to Present
- Attorney For Freedom Marc J Victor – Founded and managed law firm which currently employs four attorneys and several paralegals; supervised associate attorneys in criminal law, personal injury, civil rights, and commercial litigation matters; personally represented thousands of clients in state and federal trial level and appellate felony matters; personally represented clients in hundreds of major felony matters; personally tried several first degree murder cases including death eligible matters; successfully argued before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, California; researched, drafted and argued hundreds of criminal motions and appeals.
Partner – Victor & Hall, P.L.C. – Mesa, Arizona
March 1997 to August 2004
- Practice limited to state and federal criminal law trial and appellate matters; felony jury trial experience including first degree capital murder trial experience; represented several hundred clients in serious felony matters; successfully argued before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, California; researched, drafted and argued several criminal motions and appeals.
Judge Pro Tem – Maricopa County Superior Court
January 2003 to March 2003
- Superior Court Judge Pro Tem in the Criminal Law Department. Judicial appointment immediately rescinded upon principled refusal to preside over drug related cases.
Associate – Roberts, Rowley & Smith, Ltd. – Mesa, Arizona
June 1994 to March 1997
- Concentration in criminal law; felony jury trial experience; civil trial experience; drafted and argued various criminal motions; researched numerous legal issues; served as court appointed counsel on adult felony cases in Pinal County, Arizona and Yavapai County, Arizona; client management; firm marketing committee.
Law Clerk – Roberts & Rowley, Ltd. – Mesa, Arizona
March 1994 to May 1994
- Certified pursuant to Supreme Court Rule 38; drafted appellate brief; drafted various motions and pleadings; drafted trial brief; researched various legal issues; interviewed and interacted with clients; negotiated settlement of commercial case.
Sergeant – Squad Leader – United States Marine Corps
1985 to 1992
Served during Operations Desert Storm/Shield; awarded Certificate of Commendation for efforts during Desert Storm; offered suggestion to Battalion Commander resulting in procedural changes for the withdrawal of battalion assets. – Attorney For Freedom Marc J Victor
THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF DISTINGUISHED COUNSEL
Attorney For Freedom Marc J Victor – Marc J. Victor, of Marc J. Victor, P.C., has been selected to the 2015 list as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. NADC is an organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence. Its mission is to objectively recognize the attorneys who elevate the standards of the Bar and provide a benchmark for other lawyers to emulate.
Members are thoroughly vetted by a research team, selected by a blue ribbon panel of attorneys with podium status from independently neutral organizations, and approved by a judicial review board as exhibiting virtue in the practice of law. Due to the incredible selectivity of the appointment process, only the top one percent of attorneys in the United States are awarded membership in NADC. This elite class of advocates consists of the finest leaders of the legal profession from across the nation. – Attorney For Freedom Marc J Victor
- State Bar of Arizona Admitted in 1994. Federal District Court Admitted in 1994.
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Admitted in 1995.
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice Member since 1995. Government Misconduct Committee.
- Foundation for Economic Education Member since 1995.
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys Member since 1996. National Association for the Reform of Marijuana Laws – Legal Committee Member since 1997.
- CATO Institute Member since 1999.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit